The shells of these tacos are made from tortillas cut with a round cookie cutter and fried crisp and dusted with cinnamon sugar. They only take about 20 seconds each to make and can be made days ahead of time.
Adapted from : sugarapron.com
- whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 5 large flour tortillas
- Number one : Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Number two : Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla. Repeat until you have about 20 in total.
- Number three : In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Number four : Place one tortilla circle into the bowl and toss until coated. Repeat for the remaining circles.
- Number five : Flip the muffin tin upside down. Insert one tortilla piece in between every two muffin cups until all tacos are in place.
- Number six : Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Number seven : Meanwhile, mix the chopped apples with lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Number eight : Place a skillet on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Number nine : Remove tacos from oven and spoon apple mixture into them. Top with optional caramel sauce and whipped cream to serve.