This is our favorite piccata recipe. I have made it several times and never a problem with it! Once you’ve tried this tangy, yet delicate lemon chicken piccata, you won’t hesitate to make it for company.
Adapted from : tasteofhome.com
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Number one : Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. In an another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- Number two : In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Number three : In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.