This homemade version is ready in minutes and has that same great restaurant flavor. There’s nothing better than a delicious Asian dish that’s not only easy to make, but also better than takeout. This Best-Ever Pepper Steak is a restaurant quality meal made in the comfort of your own home!
Adapted from : dinneratthezoo.com
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- Number one : Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Number two : In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add flank steak, season with salt, and cook until cooked through and seared on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove steak to a plate.
- Number three : Add 1 tablespoon remaining oil and red and green bell peppers to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is glossy about 2 minutes more.
- Number four : Serve with rice.