When I was growing up, my mom never ever made meatloaf and I always wanted to try it – I finally tried it at a restaurant and loved it. When I moved out on my own I started experimenting with different recipes and creating my own version. I finally came up with the best meatloaf I have ever made, and I wanted to share it.
Adapted from : allrecipes.com
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 lbs ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
Number one : Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Number two : Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil. Set aside.
- Number one : Combine all the “Meatloaf” ingredients, in the order listed up to the bread crumbs. Stir well to combine, and after that add the milk and beaten egg. Stir just until combined.
- Number two : Add the cheddar cheese and again mix well, but do not over-beat.
- Number three : Shape the beef mix into a loaf shape and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
Combine all the Glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and set aside. Brush about half of the glaze all over the meatloaf.
- Number one : Transfer meatloaf to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the inside temperature is 160F degrees. Brush the remaining glaze all over the surface of the meatloaf and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Number two : Once the meatloaf is done, let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.