BEST Sweet Chili Chicken is so crispy, sticky, sweet, slightly spicy and completely addicting you won’t even miss your favorite Asian takeout.
Adapted from : dinnerthendessert.com
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Number one : In a large zip-style bag add the marinade ingredients and push around on the outside of the bag with your fingers to combine.
- Number two : Lightly flatten the chicken by placing one piece at a time inside a plastic bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap. Use a wooden rolling pin or a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken slightly and make it even thickness.
- Number three : Place each piece of flattened chicken into the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Number four : Preheat your gas grill to medium to high heat. If using a charcoal grill, pile charcoal bricks in the center of the bottom of the grill in a pile. Use lighter fluid to get them going. Wait until the flames are gone to spread the heated charcoal bricks out evenly in the grill.
- Number five : Grill the chicken over medium to high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn occasionally with tongs. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken while it cooks. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F.
- Number six : Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with fresh, seasonal vegetables.