This velvety, messy Baked Zucchini Casserole is made with new zucchini, rich cream, and bunches of cheddar! It is a simple keto zucchini formula that everybody will cherish.
This straightforward prepared zucchini goulash formula is an extraordinary formula for spending the entirety of that astonishing summer zucchini. I love this formula since it is made with only a couple of basic fixings so the kind of the new zucchini isn’t lost and it’s likewise keto!
Believe it or not, this Cheesy Zucchini Casserole is a gluten-free, keto, side dish that everybody in my family cherishes. It’s new zucchini shrouded in a rich, smooth cheddar sauce made with Gruyere cheddar, and softened Parmesan cheddar on top.
Zucchini has a ton of water in it. That implies that when it prepares it can deliver a ton of abundance water making your heated zucchini come out watery. So when you’re setting up the zucchini for your goulash you need to make a point to eliminate however much of that water from it as could be expected before heating.
It’s a basic cycle however it requires some investment. I guarantee you, however, in the end, it’s justified, despite all the trouble.
In the wake of cutting your zucchini gently salt it on the two sides. At that point play the cuts on a thick layer of paper towels. Allow the cuts to sit for 15 minutes, at that point flip them over and let them rest for an additional 15 minutes. You’ll perceive how much water emerges from the zucchini and is consumed by the paper towel.
CHEESY BAKED ZUCCHINI CASSEROLECourse: Zucchini RecipesCuisine: American
4 ounces Parmesan Cheese, grated and divided
6 ounces Gruyere Cheese, grated and divided
2 tablespoons Butter
½ cup Heavy Cream
2 cloves Garlic, minced
5 ounces Onion, diced
1 teaspoon Salt
40 ounces (approximately) Zucchini, large, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare zucchini by slicing it and then lightly salting it on both sides. Place the salted zucchini slices on a layer of paper towels and let sit for 15 minutes before flipping and letting sit for another 15 minutes. This will remove the excess water from the zucchini before baking.
- In a baking dish place the prepared zucchini slices in rows one on top of another until the dish is filled. Set dish aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan stirring until it begins to bubble.
- Add 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese and 4 ounces of Gruyere cheese to the heavy cream, onions, and garlic. Stir together until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the zucchini spreading it evenly over the zucchini.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and place in the oven and bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil, top with the remaining Gruyere and Parmesan cheese and bake for 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from oven and serve.