I recently made the most epic Chocolate Zucchini Bread and it’s definitely going on the favorite list. It is the BEST!
I don’t know who invented baking with zucchini, but they deserve a medal. If I could meet them, I would give them a giant hug. Zucchini in baked goods is genius! Baking with zucchini is probably my favorite way to enjoy zucchini because you all know I have a major sweet tooth. BUT you don’t have to feel guilty about eating a sweet treat when zucchini is involved because you are eating a vegetable!
Adapted from : twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Number one : Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line the bottom of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, then grease and flour the sides.
- Number two : Gently blot the grated zucchini with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Number three : In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Number four : In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until there are no chunks of sugar.
- Number five : Gently fold the flour mixture into the oil mixture.
- Number six : Once almost combined, stir in the grated zucchini.
- Number seven : Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Number eight : Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes until the top is firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean (except for melted chocolate chips).
- Number nine : Cool fully before cutting into slices.