Very tender and flavorful, this recipe is one of our family’s favorites. It’s great to make ahead of time in the slow cooker and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or chow mein.
Adapted from : allrecipes.com
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 onion sliced thick
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thick
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thick
- 1.5 lbs of beef strips (I used thinly sliced round steaks and sliced them into strips)
- Number one : Place the beef, bell peppers and onions in a slow cooker.
- Number two : Add the seasonings, brown sugar, and soy sauce over the beef and peppers.
- Number three : Pour the beef stock in the crock pot.
- Number four : Stir to combine.
- Number five : Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the steak is cooked through.
- Number six :Serve over a bed of white rice.
- Note: if you could like your sauce to be thicker. One hour before dinner is ready – In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix together. Stir in to the crock pot. Turn the crock pot to high and let the sauce thicken for the last hour of cook time.