These bite size cucumber rolls are the perfect canapés for entertaining this season. Their fresh and vibrant flavours perfectly complement more traditional dishes associated with the festive period, whilst the moringa and nutritional yeast provide an added boost of goodness. As they are gluten-free and vegan they also make a great option for those with dietary requirements.
Adapted from : aduna.com
- Smoked or sweet paprika for garnish
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 avocado
- Number one : Add the avocado, basil, nutritional yeast, lime juice, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Number two : Use a mandoline or potato peeler to cut long thin strips from the cucumber. Take a cucumber strip and spread a thin coat of the avocado mixture along the length of the cucumber. A little goes a long way! Make sure to get some avocado all the way to the end, so it will stick the roll together. Roll it up! No toothpicks needed. Do the same with the rest of your cucumber strips. Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve right away.