This Easy Italian Mushroom Fettuccine is a tasty Italian Pasta Dish, fresh herbs make this simple dish delicious and perfect, made the Classic Italian way.
Adapted from : anitalianinmykitchen.com
- parsley for topping
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic, or a pinch of garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, divided
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (more if you love mushrooms!)
- Number one : Clean the mushrooms. Add the garlic and mushrooms to a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft with deep brown color – 10-15 minutes. Number two : Add the cream and the rest of the butter. Simmer over low heat.
- Number three : Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving a little bit of the water, and return to pan.
- Number four : Add mushroom sauce to the hot fettuccine in the pan. Toss with tongs to mix. Add Number five : Parmesan and up to 1 cup of reserved pasta water as needed to get the consistency right. Season with salt and pepper. And now stand at the stove and eat it straight out the pan. So good.