They might be little, yet these French Onion Beef Sliders will be a tremendous hit with the group at your next gathering. Prepared and rich buns are stuffed with caramelized onions, dissolved cheddar, and delightful ground meat to make such a canapé that takes off of the plate.
Like every single genuine slider, these French Onion Beef Sliders are cooked with onions. Notwithstanding, this time, they’ve been softly caramelized first, at that point blended in with the prepared ground meat as it cooks.
I’m additionally extending the meaning of sliders here a tiny bit since I don’t press the meat into real patties. To make these as basic as conceivable to cook for a group, I split up the meat as it tans and afterward convey the disintegrates and onions equitably over a preparing sheet loaded with smaller than normal bun bottoms. When the gruyere I put on top melts, nobody’s the savvier!
Talking about which, I truly LOAD on the gruyere. In addition to the fact that it helps to hold the hamburger together in a fake patty, yet it truly hardens that french onion flavor. Also, it looks very debauched when your visitors pull them separate.
FRENCH ONION BEEF SLIDERSCuisine: American
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
12–16 ounces gruyere or swiss cheese, shredded
24 slider buns
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
2 tablespoons beef base (such as Better than Boullion), divided
2 pounds ground beef
2 large sweet onions, sliced
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 25-30 minutes. If the onions start to look dry or burnt, add a tablespoon of water to the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with half of the beef base and half of the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef to the skillet full of onions. Increase heat to medium-high and brown the beef, breaking it up and mixing with the onions as you go. Once browned, drain off excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Separate the tops from the bottoms of the slider buns. Fit the slider bottom buns tightly on the baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute the beef and onion mixture over the bottom buns. Top with the gruyere cheese. Cover with the top buns.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter with the remaining beef base. Stir in the remaining Worcestershire sauce and continue to mix until well-combined. Using a pastry brush, brush the beefy butter mixture over the top buns. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, thyme, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bake the sliders until the cheese is fully melted and the tops of the rolls are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.