Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs are a super fun and tasty combination of 2 classics- Grilled Cheese and Hot Dogs. A buttery, crispy hot dog bun encases a grilled hot dog with lots of melty cheese and crispy bacon. Lunch doesn’t get any better than this!
Adapted from : spicysouthernkitchen.com
- 6 tablespoons soft butter, for brushing buns
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheeses, mixed
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns (I use top sliced buns)
- Number one : Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Number two : Open and roll each hot dog bun flat with a rolling pin. Spread the outside of each bun with 1 tablespoon butter. Place it on the skillet, butter side down, and sprinkle top evenly with 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Number three : Slice each hot dog lengthwise to where it’s still connected, but will lay flat on the grill. Place hot dog, flat side down, on the grill next to the bun. Grill for 2 minutes on the flat side or until it starts to brown and then flip over and let grill for another minute on the other side. Transfer the hot dog to one side of the bun and sprinkle it with 3 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Number four : Close bun over hot dog and let grill until cheese is completely melted. Serve with ketchup and mustard.