When the sun is shining and you’re contemplating grilling outside, don’t forget that sweet potatoes can be a delicious addition to the summer dinner plate. All you have to do is toss thick slices with some oil and salt, and after just 10 minutes on the grill they’ll be sweet and tender with a hint of smokiness from the flames. To up the ante, toss the still-warm potatoes in a sweet-and-spicy dressing, or serve with a dipping sauce.
Adapted from : thekitchn.com
- Kosher salt
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest or lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (including tender stems)
Prepare the grill
- Prep the sweet potatoes: Prepare your grill for hot, direct heat.
- While the grill is heating up, peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise, or on a diagonal, into 1/4 inch-thick pieces.
- Coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with Kosher salt.
Make cilantro lime dressing
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
Grill the sweet potatoes:
- Once the grill is hot, lay the sweet potato pieces down onto the grill grates. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets some grill marks, between 3-6 minutes for each side, depending on how hot your grill is.
Toss with dressing:
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the dressing and serve hot.