My family went crazy over these keto diet-friendly savory breakfast cookies. They taste like a hybrid of a cheese biscuit and a frittata, two amazing things married into one savory bite. The perfect grab-and-go protein-packed breakfast!
Adapted from : ameessavorydish.com
Healthy Savory Breakfast CookiesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
4 oz pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute sausage, onions and peppers until the sausage is browned and the vegetable soft. Number three : Take off heat and let cool.
- In the meantime add almond flour, salt, pepper and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add 1/2 cup of the cheese. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add cooled sausage mixture and mix to combine.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Place a big spoonful of mixture as you would to make cookies. Dough is sticky so try to use the spoon as well you can.
- Press down gently on each cookie to flatten a little. Sprinkle remainingcheese on top and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.