Low Carb Pizza Casserole is a sans gluten, keto pizza meal stuffed with the entirety of your number one pizza flavors without the carbs!
This Low Carb Pizza Casserole has tackled the entirety of my pizza-needing issues! Stuffed with the entirety of the kinds of pizza, sauce, pepperoni, wiener, mushrooms, peppers, and loads of cheddar this delightful pizza meal skirts the customary pasta and substitutes it with cauliflower.
Similarly, as with any low carb formula, you’ll need to check the wholesome data on the items you use, particularly the pasta sauce, and the Italian wiener.
The extraordinary thing about pizza is that there are countless approaches to make it. Don’t hesitate to alter this prepared pizza meal with any of your number one pizza garnishes (as long as they are low carb!).
Low Carb Pizza CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, powdered
1.5 cups Low Carb Pasta Sauce, we use Rao’s Homemade Marinara
12 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Green Pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 pounds Italian Sausage, if in casings remove from casing before cooking
2.5 ounces Pepperoni
14 ounces Cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Steam the cauliflower. Place cut cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Don’t overcook!
- Drain the cauliflower pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the Italian sausage, approximately 15 minutes. When the sausage has finished cooking drain the excess fat. Set aside.
- In the same skillet at olive oil and saute mushrooms over medium high heat for 10 minutes to remove the excess water. Set aside when done.
- Prepare a 13×9 inch casserole dish by spraying it with non-stick spray then spread ½ cup of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- In a large bowl add the cauliflower, cooked Italian sausage, mushrooms, and green peppers. Toss together until well mixed.
- Spread ½ of the mixture in the casserole dish. Top with ½ cup of pasta sauce, followed by ½ of the pepperonis (kind of press them down in between the other toppings), and finally 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- Next spread the remaining toppings mixture over the cheese followed by the pepperonis (save 10 slices for the top of the casserole), remaining ½ cup of pasta sauce, and 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl mix together the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over the casserole and top with 10 slices of pepperoni.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the casserole is warmed through and the cheese is fully melted.