Oven Baked Zucchini ChipsCourse: Zucchini RecipesCuisine: American
These were wonderful! Mine turned out really crispy.
3 tablespoons low-fat milk
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher or sea salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs, optional Panko (homemade breadcrumb recipe)
1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
- Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.
- For gluten free chips, use gluten-free bread crumbs.