Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo – this cajun alfredo is stacked with flavor! Prepared chicken and smoked wiener in a custom made cajun alfredo sauce.
This formula is a mix of two of my most well-known plans, One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and Crockpot Chicken Alfredo. This moderate cooker adaptation is so delightful and sure to be a hit with your family. The smoked hotdog and cajun preparing flavor the chicken and alfredo sauce as it is cooking and gives the dish such countless layers of flavor!
Best of all, even the pasta cooks directly in the moderate cooker.
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: American
kosher salt and black pepper
8 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese about 2 1/2 cups
1/2 cup hot water
1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
2 cloves garlic smashed
2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning
4 tablespoons butter
4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
3 cups of heavy cream
1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 pound chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add chicken breasts,sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, cajun seasoning and several turns of freshly ground black pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.