This Taco Lasagna recipe is so easy and is a casserole that freezes well. When Mexican food meets Italian you get layers of pasta, salsa, seasoned taco meat and lots and lots of cheese. It has only 7 ingredients and is a crowd pleasing cheesy Mexican dinner! This recipe is great topped with some homemade guacamole and pico de gallo.
Adapted from : the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Number one : In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Number two : Place 2 tortillas in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Number three : Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.