This Apple Cake recipe is from a reader and is a gem of a find! The cake is really moist, perfectly spiced, and studded with tender pieces of fresh apple. The batter is incredibly fast to make with just a wooden spoon – no electric mixer required!
Adapted from : recipetineats.com
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored. and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups (384g) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. McCormick vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (336g) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (450g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 113g) butter
- Number one : Preheat the oven to 325°F (175°C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- Number two : In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Number three : Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Number four : Fold in the apples by hand. Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Number five : Bake for 55-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Number six : Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan and then invert on to a wire rack.
- Number one : Heat the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Number two : Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat.
- Number three : Add in vanilla and stir until combined. Let sit 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Number four : Drizzle over the warm cake.