This easy apple crisp (apple crumble) recipe is made with a warm cinnamon apple filling and an irresistible buttery crunchy crumble topping. Plus this no-fuss version takes less than 20 minutes to prep — no apple peeling required!
Adapted from : gimmesomeoven.com
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter , diced
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 pounds Fuji or Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- Number one : Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Number two : In a large bowl add the apple slices, orange juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Number three : To make the crisp topping, mash together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, salt, oats and butter.
- Number four : Add the apples to a 8×8 pan and add the crisp topping on top before baking for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.